Thursday, November 11, 2010

Getting Started

So here I am entering the world of blogging.  Not because I have lived a diverse life that will fascinate you.  Or because I have treasure troves of wisdom to share with you.  Not because I have things "figured out".  And surely not because I am all caught up with the housework! 

As I write this I can look around my living room at a laundry board piled high with half completed sewing projects, a Mr. Potato Head without a face, a Clue gameboard, a dinosaur, and a baby monitor with the sweetest sleeping baby the world has ever seen.  I want to remember this stuff.  I don't want to fill my life with projects that seldom get finished and tasks that need to be done and miss out on the memories.  I guess that is my first reason for writing this--to journal my life.  To have something tangible to look back on and remind myself of the different stages we have been blessed enough to enjoy.

Secondly, I do want to share my life.  God has blessed me with a wonderful family and amazing circumstances that are continually teaching me and shaping me.  And who knows?  Occassionally I might have some new found knowledge that you can benefit from. 

As a former kindergarten teacher, one of my favorite parts of the job was observations.  I grabbed hold of every chance I got to go into other teachers classrooms and see what they were doing. Even those who were technically less experienced than I was always had a different view or technique or tip that I could benefit from.  You see, teaching is one of the few occupations where you are encouraged to steal each others ideas. I truly wish parenting were more that way.  There are many, many families I would LOVE to observe just to see how they do things.  So even though I may not have a lot of experience in the mom department and it is increasingly obvious that I have a lot of room to grow in my walk with God, I am trying my best.  And maybe you can find something to benefit from along my way.  Either way I plan to fill my blog with sweet stories of my son, Clay and anything else that I have on my mind that day, and I hope you enjoy reading all about it!

3 comments:

  1. I love the "Who knows" statement. Reminds me of Esther. PT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, Paula. I not sure this is my grand purpose in life :) That is one of my favorite lines in the Bible. Very powerful.

    ReplyDelete