Monday, November 15, 2010

A Horse Baby

The one thing I feel like I know about being a mom so far is that everything is a phase.  When it's a good one, I try to enjoy it while it lasts.  When it's not a good one, I try to tell myself it will pass.  Right now we are in a screaming phase.

Clay loves to scream, and is really quite good at it.  He screams when he is excited.  He screams when he is happy.  And he definitely screams when he is mad. 

When he's excited or happy, the screaming is funny.  It's like he just doesn't have enough space within himself for everything he's feeling and he just screams at the top of his lungs.  He will run around the room chasing us or just stand in one spot and absolutely shake with a scream.

When he's not happy, the screaming is almost unbearable.  He is not only loud, but persistent.  Persistent to the point where this morning I have a horse baby. 

You see, last night Tim and I had the audacity to leave church and drive to my grandmothers house without Pa!  Unbelievable that we would do such a thing, I know, especially since Pa was going to be at my grandmother's house for supper also.  Despite many explanations and threats, the screaming continued until we pulled into Grandma's house ten minutes later. 

He has a little more voice this morning than he had last night at least. 

This, too, shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment