Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Summer Fun List

Time to get started again. 

I haven't made an entry in a very long time.  Not because I didn't have anything to say.  We've had quite a bit going on between a new baby and new house plans.  But I am going to try my best to get started again.

With summer here, I am so excited to get outside and play.  I love the longer days and sunshine.  But summer is usually packed.  Even though none of us are in school, it just seems like there are more trips to take, more events to go to, and less time to do it in.  So this summer I have a list.  I am determined not to get so bogged down with new house and new baby that Clay doesn't get his own summer fun.  I have tried seasonal activity lists before and not had much success following through.  I usually get so wrapped up in getting all supplies and instructions planned out before I start that it becomes overwhelming.  Hopefully though, between taking things one at a time and the added accountability of blogging, we will make it through our list and try some new things this summer.  Here is the list I have settled on.  The blue items and the ones Clay added:

1.Play with Glow Sticks
2. Have a Photo Shoot
3. Professional Cloud Watching
4. Experiment with Diet Coke/Mentos
5. Become an Author
6. Play Balloon Tennis
7. Ding Dong Ditch a Gift
8. Learn some Cool Shadow Puppets
9. Put on a Puppet Show
10. Invent a Silly Holliday
11. Catch some Creatures
12. Make a Mini Grassland
13. Plant a sunflower seed
14. Ride Bumper Boats
15. Sleep in a Tent
16. Go on a Picnic
17. Outdoor Reading Time
18. Learn About the Planets
19. Complete an Obstacle Course
20. Fly a Kite
21. Pick Flowers
22. Make a Bird Feeder
23. Swim in the Lake
24. Play in the Swimming Pool
25. Paint with Marbles
26. Be a Marshmallow Construction Worker
27. Go Through a Car Wash
28. Go on a Scavenger Hunt
29. Water Dropper Volcanoes
30. Go on a Treasure Hunt
31. Play with Ice
32. Find a New Waterfall
33. Find a New Playground
34. Go to a Bowling Place
35. Play Fighters
36. Play with Anagail
37. Take a Bath Together
38. Make Slushies
39. Make Dippin Dots
40. Go on a Vacation
41. Teach Anagail to Sit Up
42. Go DollarStore Shopping43. Eat a Scavenger Hunt
44. Make Family Mailboxes
45. Make Magic Marker Mirror Faces
46. Create with Dyed Pasta
47. Make a Volcano
48. Play Pirates
49. Play in the Rain
50. Have a Sleep Over

A pretty good mix of new things to try and some old favorites (like playing pirates and "fighters")

Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment